Admissions Officer - JWMI
Job location: VA Herndon (JWMI)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-26
JACK WELCH MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE - Recently named the number one most influential education brand on LinkedIn and one of the top business schools to watch in 2016, The Jack Welch Management Institute transforms the lives of its students by giving them the tools to become better leaders, build great teams and help their organizations win. The program has also been named one of the Top 25 Online MBA Programs two years in a row by the Princeton Review (2017 & 2018) for its excellence in five areas of selection criteria: academics, selectivity, faculty, technical platforms, and career outcomes.
The Jack Welch Management Institute seeks enthusiastic, polished, and professional individuals to join an all-star admissions team. Our mission is to contribute to changing the face of business by recruiting leaders into Jack Welch’s MBA program.
- Respond to new student inquiries via phone and email
- Interview prospective students to determine qualifications and career goals
- Educate qualified prospective students on the benefits of the Jack Welch MBA program
- Assist students with their due diligence and admissions process partnering with other departments to finalize enrollments and support long-term success for the student
- Contribute to team performance objectives
- Work with Strayer campus teams supporting campus referral interviews and enrollments.
- Provide coaching to Strayer campus teams to help them support their students who may be best fit to the Jack Welch MBA
- Provide lateral leadership and mentoring among team and other departments in the University.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred/exceptions made for otherwise highly qualified candidates
- 3-4 years customer service and/or sales experience
- A positive demeanor with a commitment to contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to execute tasks
- Ability to energize others
- Ability to communicate with candor as an advocate for the team, our students, and self
- A self-starting approach to the position
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships over the phone
- Strong analytical skills
- Polished verbal and written communication
- A commitment to business ethics and compliance with regulatory rules
- Strong computer skills
- Supportive team dynamic. This department works closely with other teams in a boundary-less environment.
- The office is open Monday-Thursday from 9am-8pm, from 9am-6pm on Friday, and from 9-1 on Saturday. This position will coordinate a schedule with the Director of Admissions to compliment the team schedule to support success.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]