Student Financial Services Verification Specialist
Job location: VA Chantilly
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-12-12
Student Financial Services Verification Specialists assist Strayer University students in all aspects of the Verification process and help ensure that information is presented in accordance with Federal financial aid guidelines and instuitional policy and procedure.
- Perform complex financial aid processes, including Verification
- Review and assess all Verification Documents
- Ensure all files are accurate and complete
- Advise students and internal staff on verification process
- Process all corrections using CPS and Diamond
- Attend required training sessions
- Complete student outreach to students on outstanding verification items
- Follow all instituitional policy and procedures
- Meet assigned productivity goals
- Various other duties as assigned by the Verification Manager, Associate Vice President in charge of Financial Aid
- Associate's Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- One (1) year of Financial Aid experience with an emphasis on Verification required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work some evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to perform and complete verification on complicated student files.
- Ability to answer complicated student financial aid questions accurately and in detail.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service by telephone, e-mail, and other media.
- Ability to follow processes, work effectively on a team, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected].