Job Title: Instructor, Business
Publication Date/Duration January 2, 2019 to February 8, 2019
Location: Lincroft, New Jersey
Faculty Job: Professional Fields – Business & Management
Position Type: Tenured & Tenure-Track
Institution Type: Community College
Salary description: High $50’s
Job description and summary:
The College invites applications for a full-time, tenure track Instructor, Business position for September 2019. We seek candidates who are committed to Brookdale's mission of success and academic excellence and who desire to work in a diverse and dynamic environment. In addition to excellent academic credentials and subject area knowledge, candidates will bring to the College a love of teaching, an enthusiastic desire to assist students, and an eagerness to contribute to the Brookdale Community College community. Candidates will demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning, inside and outside of the classroom.
The successful candidate must be able to provide instruction in both introductory classes and 200-level courses. This faculty hire will be expected to be a team player and work with the department to recruit, retain, and guide our students. Candidate must have a commitment to working with a diverse student population, collaborative learning, use new technologies in the classroom, and be able to assume a role in online education. Excellent communication skills are also required with a willingness to participate in departmental curriculum collaboration and outcome assessment.
Description of Duties:
- Teach Introduction to Business.
- Responsible to teach some 200-level courses such as Principles of Management, Supervisor Management, Human Resource Management, Project Management, and Supply Chain Management.
- Engaged in Assessment projects.
- Engaged in Curriculum development and revision.
- Knowledge of LMS and willingness to teach online.
- Participation in shared Governance.
- Incorporation of instructional technologies.
- Maintain professional development to stay current in field.
- Participation as a team player in department and Business and Social Sciences Institute
- MBA or Master's Degree in Business.
- Doctorate in Business preferred.
- Evidence of well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication required.
- Candidates invited for an in-person interview may be required to present a teaching demonstration.
- Knowledge of Monmouth County and its communities.
- Work experience in field of business preferred.
This position is primarily based at the Lincroft campus; however, teaching at multiple locations throughout the county may be required.
Faculty members teaching extra courses or working additional hours during the academic year and in the summer receive additional compensation.
Complete online application process will include cover letter, current curriculum vitae, unofficial copy of graduate transcripts, and online application completed in its entirety to include three references with contact information. Unofficial copy of transcripts may also be sent via email to [email protected], fax to 732-224-2970, or regular mail to Brookdale Community College, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738, Attention: Human Resources.