Executive Director, Academic Support Center
The Executive Director of Academic Support Services is a full time, MUS Contract Position at MSU Billings.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Academic Support Center provides services that support the full lifecycle of a student’s academic success at Montana State University Billings. The Executive Director of the Academic Support Center reports to the Provost and is responsible for the supervision of all programs and activities of the center, including the coordination of the delivery of tutorial services and other programs offered through learning labs located on the University Campus and at City College. The Executive Director is also responsible for hiring, supervising and evaluating all professional and student staff of the Academic Support Center. The Executive Director is expected to cultivate and maintain strong and productive relations with the Student Affairs division of the University. The position requires a willingness to work a variable schedule as potential assignments may include daytime, evenings or weekends.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience in one or more of the following areas: tutoring, mentoring, advising, or other student support area
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a tutoring center or similar academic support center
- Experience in working with students from diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Experience in administering and/or managing college placement instruments
- Supervisory and budget management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Doctorate Degree
- Previous teaching of developmental math, reading and/or writing courses at the postsecondary level
- Experience with in-class tutorial models such as supplemental instruction and/or co-requisite models
- Demonstrated experience working with other support services programs such as, TRIO and Disability Support Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of teaching pedagogy, including High Impact practices
- Experience in Implementing postsecondary retention strategies such as early alert systems and best practice methods of advising
- Experience with assessment
- Experience in managing federally funded grant programs; experience in grant writing