Computer Science Instructor
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-153
Posting Start Date: 10/12/2018
Minimum Education: Masters
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $40.00 per hour
Computer Science Instructor Description/Job Summary Overview of Position:
This part-time position for computer science instructor who will be responsible for:
- Delivering of instruction to public high schools students by using state of the art standards, course review, and planning templates to create rigorous, objective driven, arts-infused units, lessons and performing tasks.
- Differentiate for individuals student based on their unique learning needs so students are appropriately engaged and challenged.
- Explicitly introduce learning objectives to activate students prior to knowledge as it is related to the objective and conclude the lesson by revisiting the learning objective and having students apply in context.
- Create a focused environment of fairness and respect that encourages students to take the risk and strive to reach goals.
- Communicate and enforce high expectation and standards for behavior and academic performance aligned with the BCCC- Upward Bound Math and Science standards and create a strong culture of achievement and respect.
Required Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Masters Degree in related field
- MSDE - Teaching license in Computer Applications and Science
- Two years experience teaching in an Urban setting
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend × Subject: Your email address: Recipient's email address: Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be interested. Human Verification: Send E-mail