Adjunct Nurse Aide Instructor
The Allied Health, Emergency Services, and Nursing Division of Delaware County Community College seeks part-time, adjunct instructors to teach day and/or evening/weekend in our Pennsylvania Department of Education approved NATCEP Program. Divisional needs may include teaching at the Marple Campus or a branch campus.Duties
Primary responsibilities include:-
- Teach the course using the approved NATCEP curriculum.
- Comfortable teaching nurse aide students in the classroom, simulation laboratory, and clinical settings.
- Clearly communicate coursework expectations to students.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Implement effective teaching techniques in the learning environment that are engaging and student focused.
- Develop instructional experiences to enhance the NATCEP curriculum.
- Give timely feedback to students on assignments, quizzes, exams, projects.
- Utilize instructional technology in the classroom.
- Assist students with accessing appropriate college resources when needed
- Participate in on-site review process conducted by PDE.
- Remain current in professional practice.
- Registered Nurse with a PA Nursing License (for at least two years) without restriction.
- Master's degree in Nursing (preferred) Bachelor's or Associate in Nursing will be considered.
- At least one year in Long-term care experience
- Candidates must also have the Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Teaching-the-Educator ( TTE ) certificate for attending the NATCEP Workshop.
- Experience as a NATCEP or community college instructor preferred.
- Commitment working with a diverse student population
- Familiar with instructional technology and course management systems.
- Criminal History Record Information ( CHRI ) must be acceptable in accordance with P.L. 169 of 1997. Preferred Qualifications