The Educational Advisor supports student success, completion and retention through direct work with students and by serving as a member of the Career and Counseling Center staff. The Educational Advisor will provide academic advising, academic planning, transfer advising, and participate in additional programs and services to assist students in navigating the College and their academic program. The position functions as a paraprofessional to the academic counselor, performing assigned duties which no not require the professional competencies of certified professional.
The Educational Advisor is also responsible for informing students of available College services and eligibility requirements, and referring students to appropriate campus resources in order to resolve problems with education programs and personal issues. Other concerns, such as personal and career counseling, changes in College policies and procedures, or unusual circumstances are to be referred to counseling faculty.
This position will be located at the Pennocks Bridge campus in West Grove, PA. The position schedule is Monday thru Thursday from 2 PM to 8 PM two days a week and 1:30 PM to 8 PM two days a week.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Provide academic advisement at the Pennocks Bridge campus to new and returning students in various forms.
- Create and modify student Academic Plans.
- Provide academic advisement and other services as needed during walk-in registration days.
- Participate in and assist with Student Registration Sessions.
- Provide transfer advisement to students interested in transferring to other colleges and universities.
- Assist in updating, development and maintenance of transfer materials and resources.
- Help maintain Career resources at the Pennocks Bridge campus to include the computer resources.
- Assist in the College's Early Alert program.
- Assist with retention activities.
- Assist at off-campus centers providing academic advisement, transfer events and other student services, as needed.
- Assist students in using career and transfer resources.
- Assist counselors in workshops and in other methods of providing career and transfer information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Flexibility to work occasional day and weekend shifts on an as needed basis.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in a community college setting preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel to multiple campuses.
- Bilingual a plus