Applications Programmer 2
Applications Programmer 2 Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201811165721 Full Time 8AM - 5PM Commensurate with Experience Position Information The Application Programmer 2 will aid in the development of brain training games and interactive cognitive assessments. This position will include all aspects of the implementation of research-related games from design to maintenance and support. The incumbent should possess an understanding of video game development, game design, development using C#, familiarity with Unity 3D, database and network programming. Further, the Application Programmer will also need to operate well in programming teams, be skilled in software organization, and possess excellent communication skills to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required Experience with Unity3D. Preferred Experience with video game design and development. Preferred Experience programming in C#, C++, or Java Required Software organization, management, version control experience. Required Experience with Brain Training Games. Preferred
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements Knowledge of secure software development.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
Knowledge of other IT related areas.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Experience with common programming tools.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Intermediate skills associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts.
Demonstrated software repository skills.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Ability to communicate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Knowledge and skills related to sound design.
Knowledge and skills related to graphics programming and visual effects.
Knowledge and skills related to 3D Modeling.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position