Lab Manager Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201804048705 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $43,702 - $52,200 Position Information The Kids Interaction and Neuro Development (KIND) Lab at the University of California Riverside is seeking a full-time lab manager to join us in the Summer or Fall 2018.
The lab uses brain imaging, physiological, eye tracking and behavioral methods to examine emotional development and social learning in typically developing children and children with disruptive behavior problems and anxiety. We then link these processes with real world consequences across mental health, well-being, risky behaviors, and clinical outcomes. Applicants can learn more about our work at www.ucrkindlab.com.
The position is ideal for motivated individuals looking to develop as researchers before applying to graduate programs in developmental psychology, neuroscience or related fields. The lab manager will coordinate multiple aspects of intensive research projects, including participant recruitment, data collection, stimulus development, programming of behavioral and neuroimaging experiments, maintenance and analysis of behavioral and neuroimaging data. The lab manager will also provide general research support, such as coordinate lab meetings, manage teams of research assistants, assist with IRB and grant proposal preparation, maintain study databases and lab documentation, and author manuscripts for publication.
Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Math, or related fields.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Demonstrated background and passion for research experience in psychology or neuroscience.
Undergraduate level statistics course and experience with statistical analysis packages (e.g. Matlab, SPSS, R, Excel, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications Experience conducting independent research in psychology or neuroscience.
Experience analyzing neuroimaging data (e.g. SPM, FSL, AFNI, or similar platforms).
Strong computer programming skills .
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position