Program Coordinator Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201808163142 Full Time 8AM - 5PM Commensurate with Experience Position Information Under the general supervision of the Director, the NASP Program Coordinator implements and evaluates cultural and educational programs/events, assists in leadership development activities, and coordinates programs/events with other campus departments/faculty raising awareness and promoting dialogue and understanding about the Native American experience. The specialist collaborates with the Director to identify students interests, issues, needs, concerns, and develops and implements projects in response. The Program Coordinator also serves as an adviser to various student organizations, including the Native American Student Council. In addition, the Program Coordinator prepares material for NASP's website and quarterly newsletter, prepares written reports and evaluations on events and activities. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required Master's degree. Preferred
Licenses License Requirement Valid Drivers License Required
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required Demonstrated experience and skill in supervising student assistants. Required Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing educational and leadership programs for students. Required Demonstrated experience in working with issues and concerns affecting the Native American community. Required
Minimum Requirements Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Thorough knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Demonstrated ability and skill in developing and monitoring budgets.
Ability to multi-task and have excellent interpersonal skills via verbal communication, written communication and organization skills.
Knowledge of working with Native Nations and the Native American Community. Ability to provide student advising for Native Americans and other students.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position