Sustainability Program Coordinator
Sustainability Program Coordinator Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201811295981 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $40,300 - $69,550 Position Information The Sustainability Program Coordinator develops, implements and monitors a wide range of short and long-Âterm, campus-Âwide plans and projects related to campus sustainability. The incumbent would assist in leading the 9 different Working Groups including, Green Building Design, Clean Energy, Climate Protection, Sustainable Transportation, Sustainable Building Operations, Zero Waste, Procurement, Sustainable Food, and Sustainable Water Use. This position will oversee programs that result in institutional change through physical projects and will work with a variety of campus stakeholders to research, pilot, and advance projects that integrate sustainability. The incumbent will assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of student staff with a focus on mentorship that fosters a culture of sustainability on campus that embraces diverse, multicultural notions of caring for the environment. The Sustainability Program Coordinator reports to the Sustainability Officer. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience/training in environmental science, management, or policy; architecture; engineering; or public health. Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Collects and analyzes data, paying attention to relevant details.
Ability to use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint for data entry, management, detailed analysis and report presentation.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Basic knowledge of U.S. Green Building Council rating systems.
Basic communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Basic knowledge of sustainability concepts and practices, including LEED systems, climate action plans, food service systems, procurement, and waste management practices.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Basic knowledge of environmental sustainability and policy.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position