Student Records Coordinator - Registrar's Office - Student Services - School of Arts and Sciences
DescriptionStudent Services and the Registrar’s Office provides service to students, faculty, staff and parents in areas of financial aid, bursar functions and records for Arts, Sciences and Engineering students to include graduate and undergraduate populations. Student services collaborates with faculty, staff and outside agencies to provide accurate and timely information regarding both academic and financial aspects of student records.
This position is intended to provide service to students, faculty, staff and parents and to the current students and alumni of Tufts University, who depend on an historical financial and academic record by performing accurate entry into the Student Information System of all academic and billing records elements, to include but not limited to: grade changes, biographic/demographic updates, test scores, honors, transfer of credit, leave of absence processing, degree certification. Provide service support for billing and financial aid information and transactions as they relate to the student record. In addition this position provides information via telephone and electronic transmission to its stakeholders.
- 2+ years of related experience in a highereducation environment;
- Ability to use all aspects of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion inhandling sensitive issues;
- Demonstratedability to multi-task and not be hindered by frequent interruptions;
- Accuracyand attention to detail to respond and interact with diverse populations;
- Acknowledge errors in a timely and professional manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree OR a High School diploma andequivalent experience in higher education or a related field
Skilled experience with Student Information System,preferably Peoplesoft; ability to learn aspects of PowerFaids that will assistin timely response. Must become familiar with University operational calendarand information flow regarding: studentrecords, biographical data and Universitypolicies and procedures. Ability to understand and articulate University policies regardingAcademic and Financial recordkeeping. Actively participate in department goal of cross training. Excel in orienting new employees to thedepartment.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Student Services
Organization: Student Services Center - A&S
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2018, 4:50:44 PM