Faculty - Physical Therapist Assistant - (adjunct)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Temporary_0091108 Position Title: Faculty - Physical Therapist Assistant - (adjunct) Classification Title Part Time Faculty Min Salary $28.12 Max Salary $33.96 Salary Type Hourly FLSA E = Exempt Position Type: Faculty Position Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking adjunct faculty for the Physical Therapist Assistant program. This position is a part-time faculty appointment and has teaching, laboratory assistant and service responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the PTA Program at RCCC. This individual must demonstrate competence in teaching, and curriculum development. The positions are available for individuals who have the expertise in knowledge and skills reflective of current practice as needed to provide a comprehensive education to our students.Staff Required Education/Experience: Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited PT or PTA program
- Licensed in North Carolina
- Contemporary expertise in Cardiopulmonary, Acute care, Pediatrics, Neurology, TBI, and/or Orthotics/Prosthetics
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of information and computer technology or proven ability to learn these skills.
- Able to work with student with special needs based on the ADA
- Member of the APTA.
- Student evaluation effectiveness
- Licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Prior teaching experience in a physical therapist assistant/physical therapist academic program or equivalent coursework.
- Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories and principles.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.Department: Physical Therapist Assistant Work Hours:
VariesPosting Date: 11/20/2018 Closing Date: 04/01/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * Are you a licensed or certified physical therapist assistant?
- * Do you hold a Master's degree or are you a licensed/certified physical therapy assistant?
- * How many years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience do you have?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2