Faculty - Developmental Mathematics (adjunct)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Temporary_0091105 Position Title: Faculty - Developmental Mathematics (adjunct) Classification Title Part Time Faculty Min Salary $30.21 Max Salary $33.96 Salary Type Hourly FLSA E = Exempt Position Type: Faculty Position Summary:
The Mathematics Department at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is accepting applications for Developmental Mathematics Instructors for Spring 2019 and Fall 2019.
All developmental math classes are taught in computer classrooms enabling students to advance at their own pace working within the EdReady software. The instructor is responsible for classroom management, monitoring student progress, and providing instruction as needed. There will be a teaching assistant in some of the classroom to assist the instructor.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Conduct assigned classes to enhance student learning in accordance with college policies and procedures.
– Adhere to the syllabus in course content and evaluation of student performance.
– Maintain scheduled class hours as stated on the schedule for the full amount of time.
– Maintain and promptly submit accurate class records and management reports.
– Be accessible to students before and after class or by telephone or email to answer questions and assist with course-related problems.
– Keep up-to-date with the specific content areas of instruction through professional development activities and apply it in classroom instruction.
– Utilize current technology and facilitate collaborative learning.
– Utilize teaching methods which are appropriate for a variety of learning styles.
– Facilitate a positive, professional, and nurturing academic environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.Desired Education/Experience/Skills:
Experience teaching developmental mathematics in a community college or experience teaching high school mathematics.
Experience teaching math using a self-paced delivery.
Proficient using the TI-84 Graphing Calculator.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Department: Sci Math - Mathematics Work Hours:
VariesPosting Date: 11/06/2018 Closing Date: 04/30/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree or higher degree in Mathematics?
- * Do you have training and/or teaching experience in Developmental Mathematics (basic mathematics, introductory and intermediate algebra)?
- * Do you have experience using Pearson’s MyLabsPlus or MyMathLab?
- * Are you proficient with using the TI-84 Graphing Calculator?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2