Facilities Project Manager
Facilities Project Manager
Oct 30, 2018
The Facilities Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of construction, renovation and maintenance projects within the Facilities Department at Pratt Institute. FPM is responsible to ensure all work is delivered on time within budget and conforms to scope. This person will serve as the liaison between Pratt Institute it’s vendors and contractors. The FPM will oversee all aspects of renovation and construction projects, will set deadlines, assign responsibility and monitor progress for all assigned projects. Prepare reports for distribution to the Executive Director regarding project status. In addition, this person will assist with the preparation of minor rehab and capital project budgets.
- The FPM will provide project coordination and construction oversight on behalf of the Facilities Management Department.
- The FPM will providing pre-planning & construction coordination throughout the planning and construction periods.
- Provide support for the FMD with development of procurement documents for contractor selection including project scope, cost estimating and scheduling.
- Reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects.
- Monitor renovation and construction schedules, highlight and record issues.
- Measure contractor performance for quality control and adherence to documents and specifications.
- Attends client meetings for facilities matters.
- Prepare and provide Facilities Department reports, presentations and correspondence as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SALARY: 65K + Benefits
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering preferred; or equivalent field experience.
Experience: At least five years of relevant experience in facilities management; administering budgets, scheduling and project supervision. Experience in training employees on policies and procedures required.
Knowledge and Skills: Must be fluent in MS Office, Excel; scheduling software using CPM a plus. Knowledge of construction building trades and basic construction materials and methods, as well as knowledge of mechanical systems, safety procedures and controls is desired.
Other: Proven track record in the successful and timely completion of facilities projects that are on time, within budget and meet customer expectations. Demonstrated ability to comprehend, interpret and evaluate construction documents, ability to communicate with others both in writing and verbally.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.