HEOP Program Coordinator
HEOP Program Coordinator
Dec 11, 2018
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) is a partnership between the State of New York and Pratt Institute which provides economically and educationally disadvantaged residents the possibility of a college education. The primary objective of The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program is to help provide a broad range of services to the student, who because of academic and economic circumstances, would otherwise be unable to attend college, yet has the potential and desire to obtain a college degree.
HEOP is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to provide support and manage the overall operational functions of the program, be an active contributor to the enhancement of program services and student success.
Under the general direction of the HEOP Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for:
- Day to day operations of the front office area, answering phones and providing customer services to HEOP students and campus community.
- The coordinator manages staff calendars, schedules meetings, and makes room reservations; coordinates HEOP events, programs and assist with special projects.
- Under the supervision of the HEOP Director, the coordinator will assist in the management of the admissions process by procuring perspective students’ financial and academic documentation, and coordinating student interviews.
- Communicate with prospective students, current students and external partners regarding HEOP initiatives, and will participate in admissions-related and campus events as needed, to represent HEOP program and services.
- Under the direction of the HEOP staff, the Program Coordinator will foster existing and develop new partnerships with key departments on campus, such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar, Student Affairs, Provost and other departments.
- Additional duties include: maintaining HEOP student records and database; coordinating student assistant payroll; maintaining the record of department expenses and ordering of supplies; and assisting with the compiling of state reports.
- Any other administrative duties as required.
This is an OPEIU Local 153 Secretarial position.
Education: Associate’s degree in related field.
Experience: Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience, which includes providing work direction or acting as a liaison on a program or project.
Knowledge and Skills: Must have fundamental written and oral communication skills, including sound foundation in English grammar, spelling and punctuation; an ability to understand office procedures management systems; proficiency in MS Office; ability to operate standard office equipment. Demonstrates interest and/or ability to work in a multicultural/multiethnic environment and student support services; can work independently and is self-directed; excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work; attention to detail and problem solving skills; and strong organizational and planning skills.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system.