Part-time Faculty Introductory Biology Instructor
Job location: Rockville Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-04-25
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty Introductory Biology InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for a possible opening as part-time faculty member. The hired individual will be expected to have a flexible schedule Monday through Thursday (day and/or evening classes) to teach Introductory Biology. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and preparing (development of instructional material, preparation of course syllabi, writing assignments, exams, etc.), presentation, and coordination of classroom instruction and related activities.
- Willingness and flexibility to teach an evening course section.
- Masters in Biological Sciences, which includes Ecology and Evolutionary Biology related courses.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy and mission.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Ph. D in Biological Sciences.
- At least one year of college level teaching experience, preferably related to Ecology and/or Evolutionary Biology.
- Familiarity with learning management system (Blackboard, for example).
- Willingness to use technology and other learning tools in classroom instruction and/or in assessments.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.