Adjunct Instructor - Business Data Analytics (Predictive)
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community.
The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for an ACBSP academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach online graduate level coursework in Business Data Analytics.
Course subjects include, but are not limited to:
• Data Mining
• Forecasting and Predictive Modeling
• Analytics Project Management
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field. Proficient knowledge of R or Python.
Proficient knowledge of data and predictive analytics tools. Examples include Power BI, SQL, DAX, Tableau, R and Python.Preferred Qualifications
Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Data Analytics from a regionally accredited institution. Teaching experience at the college level and industry level certifications, or industry experience with big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, TensorFlow, Elasticsearch, Neo4j, MongoDB, etc.Physical DemandsWork Hours
The School of Business is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.Posting Detail Information Posting Date08/15/2018Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/2182Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Maryville website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- INSIGHT Into Diversity
- Inside Higher Ed
- Diversity Awareness Partnership
- Personal referral
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field?
- * Are you available to teach online courses?
- * Please summarize your experience by listing undergraduate/graduate courses you have recently taught at other colleges/universities. Include course prefix, course title, and name of college/university. If none, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae