Student Assistant - SST Labs
Position Title:Student Assistant - SST Labs Job Category:Student Department:School of Science & Technology - 6010660 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
The Student Assistant is housed in the School of Science and Technology and will work with faculty during laboratory sessions in SST.
- Provide general lab support in multi-section labs.
- Perform routine support of lab instruction, including, but not limited to, lab set up and clean up.
- Perform other related duties required to support lab sessions.
- Student must be familiar with lab safety protocols.
- Student must demonstrate accuracy and attention to details.
- Student must be willing to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
- Student must be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College in good academic standing (GPA > or = 2.5) and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Junior or Senior level SST major.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt