Student Assistant - ITEC Lab
Position Title:Student Assistant - ITEC Lab Opened Date:04/17/2018 Job Category:Student Department:Science Lab Course Fee - 6010667 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
Interface with students and faculty regarding laboratory resources, equipment, and supplies.
- Monitor student use of the IT laboratories.
- Check in/out laboratory equipment.
- Document use of laboratory supplies.
- Work with SST student laboratory assistants and laboratory staff and assist Faculty as needed.
Laboratory safety training will be provided and must be completed prior to the employment start date.Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Must work well with a team and have good communication skills.
- Ability to use computer equipment as instructed.
- Good performance in Information Technology courses preferred.
- SST faculty recommendation strongly encouraged.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:No more than 12 hours per week. The hours for this position will occur during the evening and weekend. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt