Student Assistant - Student Involvement & the Student Center (SISC)
Position Title:Student Assistant - Student Involvement & the Student Center (SISC) Job Category:Student Department:Student Center Operations - 9013206 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
The GGC Student Center opened in 2010 to support the college’s learning environment by enhancing the campus community and empowering students with opportunities for holistic development. The 81,400 square foot LEED Silver-certified building includes two lounge spaces, seven meeting rooms, the Level One Game Room, the Dining Hall, the Large Venue Interactive Space (LVIS), and outdoor space. The building also features a Student Art Gallery and is equipped with state-of-the art technology. Home to the Student Government Association, the Greenlight Activities Board, and a number of registered student organizations, the Student Center is the living room of the campus and a hub for active and engaged student learning.
The Office of Student Involvement & the Student Center (SISC) is looking for energetic students to provide a friendly and effective customer experience to all students, faculty, staff, and guests in various areas. Specific functional assignments include office receptionist, special assistant, game room attendant, information desk attendant, digital media and marketing assistant, Volunteer GGC team, event setup crew, and mascot handler. One or more specific functional areas will be assigned based on preference, availability, and need.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with daily SISC tasks, including answering phone calls in a professional manner, collecting mail, filing, scheduling, etc.
- Provide assistance and accurate information to GGC students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Maintain level of security in designated areas and maintain a clean work environment.
- Assist with establishing and enforcing building and department policies and procedures.
- Attend workshops and trainings as required.
- Assist with event management, including room setup and A/V duties.
- Utilize a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design.
- Assist in active marketing for the department.
- Collaborates with SISC staff on projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, depending on specific functional area.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the campus Office of Student Integrity.
- Must be proficient on Windows based PC’s and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Good customer service skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt