Food Service Supervisor 1
Posting DetailsPosting Details Working Title Food Service Supervisor 1 Posting Number 2018077CP Position Information Classification Title Food Service Supervisor 1 Classification Code 675H RCW Exemption Criteria No Exemption EWU Position Number C99532 CUPA Code N-810030 - Food service Lead/Supervisor FLSA Non-Exempt Bargaining Unit BU 2 % Full Time 100% Salary / Wage Range CS - 37 Salary Information
$33,936 – $42,900Anticipated Start Date ASAP Term of Appointment 10 month Location Cheney County Spokane Project Description Project Duration Background Check Yes - Both Responsible HR User Vara Lyn Conrath Responsible HR User Email address [email protected] Posting Text Job Summary
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Food Services Supervisor 1. This position supervises food service employees in Dining Services operations, special events, or catering locations. The position is responsible for scheduling and managing staff, overseeing food service production. maintaining a food service operation, utilizing and creating reports, daily receipts and deposits, and safety and sanitation.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waivers for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets, and free transportation through STA.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern’s Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Conditions of Employment
This position requires a valid food handler’s permit and a driver’s license.
This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.Physical Demands
The successful candidate must be able to stand for the duration of their shift and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 years of experience in an industrial, commercial or institutional food service or patient tray service including one year as a lead, supervisor, or equivalent
- Food Handlers Permit
- Valid Drivers License
- Associate Degree in food services management, nutritional care or related field or two years of experience in institutional or restaurant in preparing or serving food.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- 2 years of college or university food service experience.
- 2 years of supervision in a high volume food service location serving over 400 meals per day.
5 days per week – 40 hours per week – with consecutive days off. Shifts may include weekends and eveningsPosting Date 11/15/2018 Open Until Further Notice No Closing Date 12/09/2018 Screening to Begin Immediately Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications. Please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume.
3. Complete the online application form.
4. Respond to the online questions if applicable.
Hire, supervise, train and evaluate employees involved in food preparation, production and service including classified staff, hourly employees and studentsEssential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 20 Responsibility / Duty
Plan and coordinate meals, catering and special events; schedule staff, order food and supplies, maintain equipment, requisition repairs and maintenance, draft menusEssential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 10 Responsibility / Duty
Forecast and monitor daily use of food, labor, equipment, and suppliesEssential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 10 Responsibility / Duty
Prepare and maintain records, review and create reports, utilize software and systemsEssential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 10 Responsibility / Duty
Maintain safety and sanitation in food service areasEssential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 5 Responsibility / Duty
Participate in meetings, conferences and trainingEssential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 5 Responsibility / Duty
Prepare and balance daily cash receipts, financial reports and depositsEssential Function Indicator Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Do you offer a high school diploma or GED?
- Do you have a valid Driver's License?
- Do your currently have or the ability to obtain a valid WA State Food Handlers permit within two weeks of employment?
- Yes, I have a current permit
- No, I don't have a permit but will obtain within two weeks of employment
- No, I do not have a permit or the ability to obtain a permit within the alloted timeframe.
- This position requires a minimum 4 years of experience in an industrial, commercial or institutional food service or patient tray service including one year as a lead, supervisor, or equivalent. Please describe how you meet this requirement.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please specifically describe how your meet any or all of the following requirements: Associate Degree in food services management, nutritional care or related field Two years of experience in an institutional restaurant preparing or serving food Posses equivalent education and or experience
(Open Ended Question)
- Preferred qualification: Do you have two or more years experience in college and university food service?
- Preferred Qualification: Do you have 2 or more years of high volume food production experience serving over 400 meals per day?
- Cover Letter
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2