Maintenance Mechanic 2 (Project Position)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Working Title Maintenance Mechanic 2 (Project Position) Posting Number 2018039CP Position Information Classification Title Maintenance Mechanic 2 Classification Code 626K RCW Exemption Criteria No Exemption EWU Position Number C99298 CUPA Code No Match FLSA Non-Exempt Bargaining Unit BU 1 % Full Time 100% Salary / Wage Range CS - 46G Salary Information Anticipated Start Date As soon as possible Term of Appointment 12 Location Cheney, WA County Spokane Project Description
General Building MaintenanceProject Duration 6 months only from date of hire Background Check Yes - Both Responsible HR User Vara Lyn Conrath Responsible HR User Email address [email protected] Posting Text Job Summary
This recruitment is closing at midnight October 26, 2018. At this time we will not be filling the project position. Eastern Washington University is currently seeking to fill multiple Maintenance Mechanic 2-Project positions. These Project positions are budgeted for 6 months only from the date of hire. The primary function of these positions is light construction and the day to day repair and maintenance of university buildings, grounds, machinery, Facilities, and equipment related to the Building Maintenance Department.
On top of salary, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
We will give a three day notice of when this recruitment will close.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern’s Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-placement physical.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington State Federation of State Employees.
Ear, eye, face, fall, respiratory, UV, protection; gloves, hard hat, tyvek coveralls, safety bootsRequired Qualifications
- High school graduation or GED
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Completion of a recognized carpentry apprenticeship program or a minimum of 5 years work experience in carpentry; masonry; and/or concrete preparation, pouring and finishing.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
6am-2:30pm or 7am-3:30pm or possibility of four 10 hours shifts.Posting Date 06/14/2018 Open Until Further Notice Yes Closing Date Screening to Begin Immediately Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications. Please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume.
3. Complete the online application form.
4. Respond to the online questions if applicable.
Perform skilled work in the operation, maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction of buildings, mechanical and trades.Essential Function Indicator Yes Job Duties % of Time 50 Responsibility / Duty
Perform maintenance, repair on all types of mechanical equipment to include driveEssential Function Indicator Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Do you offer a high school diploma or GED?
- This position requires a completed apprenticeship in Carpentry, Cabinet Making and/or Concrete Finishing OR 5 years of continuous work experience in any of the three.Do you meet this requirement?
- Please describe how you meet the requirement of a completed apprenticeship in Carpentry, Cabinet Making and/or Concrete Finishing OR 5 years of continuous work experience in any of the three.
(Open Ended Question)
- Can you read blueprints?
- Do you know how to use an elevation transit?
- Cover Letter
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2