Career & Technical Education (CTE) Program Director - Education
Posting DetailsPosting Details Position Title Career & Technical Education (CTE) Program Director - Education Posting Number 2018061EP Position Information Classification Title Dir-Education Programs Working Title Career & Technical Education (CTE) Program Director Classification Code 1538 RCW Exemption Criteria 17 - Managerial EWU Position Number E99342 CUPA Code No Match FLSA Exempt - Administrative Bargaining Unit None % Full Time 100 Salary / Wage Range AE - 110 Salary Information
DOE/DOQAnticipated Start Date As soon as possible Term of Appointment 100% Location Cheney County Spokane Project Description Project Duration Background Check Yes - Both Responsible HR User Lori Livingstone Responsible HR User Email address [email protected] (inquiries only) Posting Text Job Summary
Eastern Washington University is seeking a Director for our Career & Technical Education Program (CTE).
This full-time exempt position is responsible for managing Eastern’s CTE Program, which is designed for teacher candidates who possess industry work experience in a specific area. When candidates complete the CTE program, they may apply for a Washington State Initial CTE certificate to teach in grades 7-12 ONLY in their specialty area of certification. Candidates may also be certified to teach work-site learning and career choices. Classes are offered only as online courses.
This position is responsible for all phases of the program, including program planning and implementation, recruiting and advising students, student retention, and transitioning students into their first teaching assignments post-graduation.
Screening will begin in December; position will remain open for applications at least through 1/2/2019. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern’s Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Conditions of Employment
A copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which describes conditions of employment, such as physical demands, may be obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 509-359-2381.Pre-Placement Physical No Hearing Test No Medical Monitoring Post Hire No Protective Equipment
- Master’s degree from an accredited university (any field)
- Current or previously held CTE certification
- CTE teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, external parties from diverse backgrounds, including diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds, and/or the need for university access.
- Demonstrated successful experience overseeing program operations
- Demonstrated skills in communications, problem solving, risk management, collaboration, planning, administration, and organization
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for occasional local travel to meetings as needed
- Master’s degree in Education
- Curriculum development experience
- University, college or professional teaching, administrative or professional training experience
- A record of successfully leading a program within a complex, multifaceted organization
- Teaching experience with diverse populations and/or in rural settings
- Knowledge of database or data systems software, use, management, and reporting
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Typically 8am -5pm, but may be required to work evenings and/or weekends to fulfill special projects.Posting Date 12/10/2018 Open Until Further Notice Yes Closing Date Screening to Begin TBD Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online application portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, contact Lori Livingstone at (509) 359-6931.
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Required application materials include all of the following
- Detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
- Chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications.
- Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- List of three professional references to include name, title, organization name, address, email, phone numbers, and their connection to you.
Note: Letters of Reference are not required at this time. We reserve the right to request letters of reference at a future date, such as once we have identified interview candidates.Application Types Accepted Profile Job Duties % of Time 60 Responsibility / Duty
- Plan, develop, and implement the program, engage in program planning and review on an on-going basis
- Develop curriculum including Canvas courses; develop course schedules
- Develop and/or interpret program policies and procedures
- Analyze program operations; work with program advisory committees to ensure program quality and compliance with state requirements and laws; provide reports
- Propose program enhancements and procedural revisions as needed
- Oversee website updates and maintenance (internal and PESB); oversee updating of EDIE (data system)
- Coordinate requirements with both internal and external parties
- Develop and implement marketing, recruitment, and outreach strategies
- Manage continuous program review including collecting, reviewing and reporting on the program, and maintain program approvals
- Management of program budget; participate and oversee grant writing and administration
Communication & Relationships
- Oversee program communications and marketing, internal and external
- Develop and maintain relationships with school district partners, supervisors, mentor teachers; attend meetings; attend conferences and other meetings regarding CTE
- Develop relationships and act as liaison between internal and external partners including school districts
- Develop and maintain relationships with Education Department administration and faculty, cross-campus faculty, staff, and other departments at EWU and outside entities
- Oversee development and distribution of marketing materials
- Meet regularly with districts, ESD, building principals, supervisors, mentors, students and EWU faculty
- Oversee digital materials and ensure materials are up-to-date; work with IT on needed updates
Recruitment, Admissions, Advising
- Determine if application process is working and up-to-date; work with Admissions and/or IT to resolve issues
- Review applications and transcripts; conduct reference checks
- Coordinate admits with district HR offices or district contact
- Respond to inquiries (phone, email) – ongoing
- Develop and implement orientation processes and sessions
- Communicate with community colleges – program information for recruitment purposes
- Maintain continual communication with candidates, mentors, and administrators
- Notify students regarding their admission status
- Advise candidates regarding programs of study
- Determine placement of all students by working closely with building principals
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of CTE adjuncts and/or faculty following department, college, or university protocols
- Maintain continual conversation with candidates about their status and program plan
- Investigate and resolve student issues
- Develop, implement and oversee student practicum supervision
- Review and oversee progress on Teacher Development Plan
- Communicate progress with mentors, candidates, supervisors, etc.
- Identify and work to meet the individual needs of each student in the program
- Advise program students (serve as the program advisor)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Response
- List of Professional References
- DD214 Form