Adjunct Faculty, Medical Assisting
Adjunct Faculty, Medical Assisting
Department: Health Careers & Sciences
Reports To: Interim Associate Dean
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req810
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: CUSTOM.VACANCY.NUMBER
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
Provides medical assisting instruction appropriate to the Standards and Guidelines established by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Coordinates and evaluates the students’ clinical instructional processes and activities. Maintains effective communication with applicants, students, graduates, faculty and instructors. Serves as a liaison between College and community health care agencies, professional organizations and other network entities vital to the Medical Assisting Program. Performs didactic instruction and evaluation for program courses. Provides input for needs assessment, continued development, accreditation and outcome assessment of the Medical Assisting Program. Responsibilities also include advising students, maintaining office hours, and participating in course preparation and evaluation, and the ability to teach the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains, participating in advisory committee meetings.
- Prepares and delivers learning activities in order to achieve course outcomes
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Evaluates and grades students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments, papers, and examinations
- Maintains and submits student attendance records, grades and other required documentation by specified deadlines
- Be available to students for coaching
- Periodic meetings with supervisors, division, or College, relative to teaching duties and training and development
- Bachelor's degree in a Health or Business related field and a certificate of proficiency in Medical Assisting
- Credentialed in Medical Assisting by a Nationally Accredited Credentialing organization. CMA (AAMA) is preferred
- 5 years’ experience in performing administrative and clinical procedures of medical assisting
- Ability to promote student success
- Coursework in education theory or techniques (can be completed upon hire through the college)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Teaching experience
Special Note: This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis. In the event you are called for an interview, please have copy of unofficial transcript based on requirements outlined in posting.
In order to be considered for an Adjunct faculty position, these additional documents are required to be uploaded: Unofficial transcript & license/certifications (Based on requirements outlined in posting).
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.