International Student Services Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title International Student Services Specialist Requisition Number SCA00297 General Description
Under the direction of the Manager of International Student Services, the International Student Services Specialist is responsible for assisting with the coordination of a comprehensive program of recruitment, admissions, and ongoing services and activities for F-1 international students. Through active engagement and recruitment efforts, this position shares in the responsibility to meet the enrollment targets for international students with the goal of ensuring the growth and diversity of the College’s international student population.Specific Responsibilities
• Assist the Manager in the development and implementation of processes and procedures to advance the College’s international recruitment and education efforts.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to foster increased enrollment of international students.
• Cultivate relationships with international high school students and with current international students to promote word of mouth recruiting opportunities.
• Respond to internal and external requests for information concerning the College’s International Student Program.
• Review international student applications, communicate with applicants and issue Immigration Forms (I-20s).
• Prepare, process, and maintain organization and confidentiality of electronic and paper records and documents.
• Assist in increasing the visibility of the College as a premier destination for international students through various means (such as virtual presentations/webinars and live chat) for students, parents, and educational officials/partners in the US and abroad.
• Assist the Manager in updating and maintaining the International Student Services website.
• Serve as the College’s Designated School Official (DSO).
• Provide support to the Manager (SEVIS Principal Designated School Official) with SEVIS compliance and program management.
• Adhere to College procedures to assist the Manager in monitoring compliance with other Federal and State agencies’ rules, procedures, regulations and policies.
• Provide general outreach to international student applicants to assist in application processing and respond to student inquiries.
• Review applications and analyze submitted documents to ensure accuracy, authentication, completeness and adherence to specifications and compliance standards for issuance of I-20s, including soliciting missing information.
• Plan and manage tracking of visa document issuance. Assist Manager with I-20 preparations and issuance.
• Educate/coach international students, and other non-immigrant classifications, with regard to travel/visa status documents and procedures.
• Develop on-line tools and electronic forms to facilitate workflow processes.
• Assist the Manager in the planning and execution of ISS programming for international students (orientations, events, etc.).
• Provide assistance in the training and oversight of student workers.
• Participate in international travel, as necessary.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years of work experience in international student services, including demonstrated knowledge of immigration regulations that apply to this population is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of or experience with SEVIS (Real Time Interactive) and F-1 regulations required.
• Experience working with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with integrated management software required.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident to meet federal regulatory requirements for professional practice as a Designated School Official (DSO).
• Maintain a valid United States passport at all times for travel outside of the country.
• Ability to travel locally and abroad with availability to attend day, evening and weekend events.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• One (1) year of experience in the “Designated School Official” (DSO) role preferred.
• Experience recruiting international students in a higher education setting preferred.
• Experience compiling and analyzing data including enrollment trend data preferred.
• Experience with foreign travel or residence as well as foreign language ability preferred.
• Experience with an enterprise wide system, such as Ellucian Banner is preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Working knowledge in use of social media as a recruitment and retention tool preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on October 17, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank I Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience Job Posting Open Date 10/04/2018 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Administrator Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of work experience in international student services, including demonstrated knowledge of immigration regulations that apply to this population?
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident to meet federal regulatory requirements for professional practice as a Designated School Official (DSO)?
- * Do you have demonstrated understanding of or experience with SEVIS (Real Time Interactive) and F-1 regulations?
- * Do you have one (1) year of experience in the Designated School Official" (DSO) role?
- * Do you have experience recruiting international students in a higher education setting?
- * Do you have experience compiling and analyzing data including enrollment trend data?
- * Do you have previous experience using the Banner by Ellucian system?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application