Electro Mechanical Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit), Adjunct Faculty Pool
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Electro Mechanical Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit), Adjunct Faculty Pool Requisition Number FAC00159 General Description
Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training programs for incumbent workers and individuals interested in upgrading their job skills.
Corporate Solutions is seeking applicants for an ongoing pool of candidates for part-time teaching positions in Advanced Manufacturing.
Corporate Solutions is seeking experienced electro-mechanical technicians/engineers to deliver classroom instruction and supervise/assist students in an advanced manufacturing environment to develop the skills needed to be successful in the industry using mechatronics.
In addition to instruction, successful candidates will develop course materials and hands-on training exercises. Evaluate, specify, install, and maintain training equipment (Training will be provided by the equipment manufacturer).
Finalists’ credentials will be kept on file until the end of the 2017-2018 academic year.Specific Responsibilities
Please see minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
• Four (4) years of field experience in industrial maintenance; OR
Journeyman Electrician or Millwright Certificate with seven (7) years of experience in industrial maintenance;OR
Five (5) years of teaching/training experience in an electrical or mechanical trades program at a community or technical college, or corporate training department of a manufacturing or a processing plant; OR
A combination of industrial maintenance experience and related post-secondary education equaling seven years;
• Current knowledge of maintenance systems and practices for electrical and mechanical maintenance theory and applications;
• Ability to use the internet, Word, Excel, email, and other computerized instructional technology;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work with diverse populations;
•Expertise in both theory and application in the following subjects:
o Industrial Safety
o Industrial Rigging
o Pumps, Valves, Traps, and Piping
o Mechanics and Machine Design
o Vibration Analysis
o AC/DC Circuits
o Solid State Components
o Fundamentals of National Electric Code
o Industrial Motor Controls
o Hydraulic Systems
o Pneumatic Systems
o Robotics and Automated Systems
• Must acquire PMMI PLC I certification within one (1) year of start date.
Applicants must have good communication skills, be self- motivated and have a strong desire to teach a variety of students.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
• Current training or teaching experience and/or supervisory experience in the field of electrical/mechanical maintenance;
• Experience with teaching or learning with use of internet and modern educational technologies.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
•Interested persons should complete an online application.
•Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
•Name and contact information for three (3) professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
•Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
•Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesSalary Grade or Rank Adjunct Faculty Salary Range Job Posting Open Date Job Posting Close Date Position Type Faculty Job Category Employment Status Part-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)