Plumber - Technical Craft Specialist B*
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Plumber - Technical Craft Specialist B* Requisition Number SCL00169 General Description
The Plumber – Technical Craft Specialist B involves full performance plumbing work in the maintenance, trouble shooting, modification, repair and installation of plumbing & heating equipment, accessories and associated equipment. The Plumber identifies problems with plumbing, utility & heating systems equipment, accessories and associated equipment, and repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and equipment in accordance with established plumbing code and general work instructions. Responsibilities include the ability to interpret instructions, specifications, measurement and layout, performing preventive maintenance on the systems, accessories and associated equipment. This position requires working indoors and outdoors during all seasons and conditions, along with moderate physical effort including standing, kneeling and working from ladders and scaffolding.Specific Responsibilities
• Demonstrate proper precautions and remain cognizant of occupational hazards in the plumbing trade for safely performing the work.
• Utilize building plans, schematics, technical sketches, gauges and industry specifications to diagnose and determine means and methods required to appropriately and effectively implement any required strategy to address maintenance or emergency requirements using practices, tools, methods and materials of the trade.
• Identify position of hidden or exposed pipe, connections or controls to safely provide appropriate access in grounds, walls, ceilings, and floors.
• Operate all related tools or equipment to cut, thread, bend, solder, weld, apply adhesives, join, seal, hang, mount, service, remove, install, clean, unclog, insulate, collect measurement data of any and all plumbing related products.
• Verify plumbing system integrity through use of tools and various test equipment.
• Install and repair plumbing lines, pipe, controls and fixtures such as sinks, urinals, commodes, bathtubs, showers, hot water generators, hot water storage tanks, pumps, valves, sprinklers, backflow preventers, safety eyewash / showers, grinders, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, water softeners, drinking fountains and other plumbing products or accessories.
• Repair all routine and emergency college-wide gas, compressed air, hot and cold domestic water, heating, and sprinkler plumbing systems.
• Prepare requisitions for parts and supplies for preventive maintenance, routine maintenance and repair programs.
• Prepare activity reports either by notations on work requests or by submitting periodic summaries itemizing activities performed and supplies utilized.
• Prepare cost, time and material estimates for jobs as required.
• Work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed.
• Operate College vehicles and mobile equipment, and travel to regional centers, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High School diploma, or GED equivalent, is required.
• Four (4) years of experience as an apprentice or helper, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and accessories required.
• Must possess a Journeyman Plumber’s license issued by the City of Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Knowledge of the materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, assembly and installation of plumbing systems and accessories required.
• Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, measurements and layouts required.
• Knowledge of the principles, technical practices and techniques involved in the maintenance, repair and installation of plumbing systems and accessories required.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in the trade required.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of distribution and control as they apply to water, sewer, gas or steam required.
• Knowledgeable of the principles and theory of plumbing systems.
• Must be able to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
N/AWork Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank VII Salary Range $16.01 - 23.90 Job Posting Open Date 11/27/2017 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Classified Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have four (4) years of experience as an apprentice or helper, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and accessories?
- * Do you possess a current, valid driver's license?
- * Do you possess a Journeyman Plumber's license issued by the City of Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application