Foundational Mathematics Faculty, Part-Time, Adjunct Faculty Pool
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Foundational Mathematics Faculty, Part-Time, Adjunct Faculty Pool Requisition Number FAC00246 General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Foundational Mathematics Department of Community College of Philadelphia provides a teaching and learning environment that specifically addresses the academic needs of students who are identified as demonstrating developmental levels of mathematics performance. The Department is committed to designing and providing instructional methodology and support that will enable students to acquire the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in mastering material presented in future college-level mathematics courses. Real-world applications are an inherent part of foundational instruction serving to objectify mathematical constructs and thus enhancing conceptual understanding of course material. The Department strives to build a supportive classroom environment that maintains academic rigor and expectation, yet recognizes the necessity of an instructional model that is able to meet the differentiated needs and readiness of students enrolled in developmental mathematics coursework.
The Foundational Mathematics Department is accepting applications for part-time teaching positions.
*Applicant credentials will be kept on file until the end of the 2018-2019 academic year.Specific Responsibilities
• This position will be responsible to teach Foundational Mathematics courses: FNMT 016 – Arithmetic, FNMT 017 – Elementary Algebra and FNMT 118: Intermediate Algebra.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession.Minimum Qualifications
• Qualified candidates must have a Masters degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education or a Master of Education degree with 18 graduate credits in mathematics from a regionally accredited institution. In addition, candidates must also have:
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to incorporate technology into the teaching of mathematics
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to utilize multiple methods and strategies of instruction to engage students in the learning process. These methods and strategies could include but are not limited to collaborative learning, on-line mathematical programs, problem solving techniques, and individual tutoring.
• Willingness to participate in a collaborative and dynamic department model of teaching and learning that involves established instructional methodologies and protocols for assessment and intervention for developmental mathematics students.
• Demonstrated ability to provide assessment and feedback (e.g. Early Alert System, graded homework, multiple testing opportunities, etc.) that alert students to their ongoing level of progress in meeting the course student learning outcomes and objectives.Preferred Qualifications Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested candidates should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) professional references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or Rank Adjunct Faculty Salary Range Job Posting Open Date Job Posting Close Date Position Type Faculty Job Category Employment Status Part-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education or a Master of Education degree with 18 graduate credits in mathematics from a regionally accredited institution?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)