Entrepreneurship Faculty, Part-Time, Adjunct Faculty Pool
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleEntrepreneurship Faculty, Part-Time, Adjunct Faculty PoolRequisition NumberFAC00218General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Marketing/Management Department seeks to hire Part-Time Entrepreneurship Faculty.
*Applicant credentials will be kept on file until the end of the 2018-2019 academic year with the intent to hire additional instructors for the forthcoming semesters.Specific Responsibilities
Please see minimum qualifications below.Minimum Qualifications
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• An earned Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship or its equivalent, or an MBA with five or more years of recent work experience as an Entrepreneur, other than self-employment consultancy.
• Have prior venture experience including a venture start-up history with or without a founding team of two or more persons.
• Willingness to revise and update courses.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings, and/or conferences.
• College teaching experience desirable, Community College teaching experience is a plus
• Commitment to participating in the intellectual life of the department, and a willingness to participate in the life of the College.
• Knowledge and/or willingness to develop and present distance education and web enhanced courses.
• A flexible schedule is desirable, i.e. to teach classes in the day, evening, at the main campus, and/or at Regional Centers.
Part-time faculty are eligible to receive medical, prescription and dental insurance.
MEDICAL: Employees in Pools I and II, the College will pay 50% of the monthly premium cost of the more expensive single (employee only) coverage. For Pools III and above the College will pay 75% of the monthly premium of the more expensive single (employee only) coverage.
DENTAL & PRESCRIPTION: Employee pays 100% of monthly premium costs. Newly hired employees may sign up for coverage within 30 days of start date. Existing faculty can enroll and/or make changes during Open Enrollment or with a Life Changing Event (such as birth, adoption, loss of coverage etc.)
For more information on Part-Time benefits, visit https://www.myccp.online/human-resources/faculty-adjunct-facultySpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) professional references REQUIRED.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship or its equivalent, or an MBA with five or more years of recent work experience as an Entrepreneur, other than self-employment consultancy?
- * Do you have prior venture experience including a venture start-up history with or without a founding team of two or more persons?
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)