Bursar Teller (Temporary)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleBursar Teller (Temporary)Requisition NumberSCL00205General Description
Serving as the front office representative for the College’s Bursar Office, this position assists students with financial transactions related to their student account. Responsibilities include daily processing and posting of payments, while providing quality customer service to students, staff and faculty. This position will require scheduling flexibility for day, evening and weekend hours on an as needed basis.Specific Responsibilities
• Assist students with financial transactions related to their student account.
• Record and post payments, charges, and other transactions utilizing Banner student information system by Ellucian.
• Disburse and reconcile petty cash transactions.
• Adhere to internal policies and control procedures as they relate to the Bursar’s Office including: maintaining safekeeping of cash drawers, deposits, and other monetary instruments; reconciling deposit totals to batch summary report and finalizing documentation in preparation for bank deposit; and maintaining various control logs, verifying input, and maintaining computerized reports.
• Secure and release bank deposits to armored carrier.
• Provide excellent customer service when interacting with students, staff, faculty, and others in a professional and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Two (2) years cash handling experience in a computerized environment required.
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Ability to collect proper payment, give correct change and process payments in a manner that ensures accuracy required.
• Ability to comply with internal control procedures as they relate to the handling of cash required.
• Previous experience using an enterprise-wide system required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills required.Preferred Qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business related field preferred.
• Previous work experience with Banner in a student information system preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Applicants for this position will be selected based on the temporary staffing needs of the Bursar department. All qualified applications will remain active through May, 2019. If you are selected for an interview with one of the hiring managers, you will be contacted at that time. If at any point you decide that you no longer wish to be considered, please contact the HR department at [email protected] to have your application withdrawn.
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIVSalary Range$13.92 - 19.41Job Posting Open Date11/19/2018Job Posting Close DateType of PositionClassifiedJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years cash handling experience in a computerized environment?
- * Do you have the ability to collect proper payments, give correct change and process payments in a manner that ensures accuracy?
- * Do you have previous experience using an enterprise-wide system?
- * Do you have prior experience working with Banner or an equivalent student information system?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application