Director, Power Up Your Business Program
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Director, Power Up Your Business Program Requisition Number SCA00316 General Description
As part of a grant funded program dedicated to supporting the sustainability, management and profitability of existing small neighborhood and commercial corridor businesses in Philadelphia, the Power Up Your Business Program Director will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the program. The Director plays a vital role in ensuring program operations are effective for program participants, and that the business services and education services components are tightly coordinated. The Director will ensure that program goals, objectives and timelines are met, while serving as a key liaison with program partners and program participants. A self-starter, the Director will develop, and manage the implementation, oversight and quality delivery of this small business education cohort-based peer learning program for neighborhood-based businesses in Philadelphia. Work schedule may vary based on the needs of the academic program, and may include evenings and weekends, and other days/times when the College is normally closed.Specific Responsibilities
• Lead the implementation, day-to-day operations and evaluation of the Power Up Your Business Grant program in accordance with project goals, objectives and established timelines.
• Develop, implement and execute program administrative and academic policies and procedures, and training programs.
• Maintain close working relationships and partnerships with City government representatives, local chambers, community development corporations, business associations, economic development partners, and entrepreneurship organizations to promote small business concepts and needs and collaborate on workshops and events.
• Identify and implement ongoing improvements to the program, implement the program improvements through adjustments in curriculum, and targeted training for specific cohorts of small businesses.
• Collaborate with instructors, faculty and consultants to plan and develop curriculum, workshop and clinic content, and localized materials.
• Recruit, screen, interview, hire, and evaluate all grant-related instructors, consultant Business Advisors and coaches, and workshop instructors.
• Manage Program Coordinators and Administrative staff in marketing efforts and program implementation; work with business coaches on providing a successful coaching program to current participants and graduates.
• Develop a marketing strategy with support of College marketing department and provide leadership in implementing strategy and systems to promote, recruit and evaluate applicants to the Power Up Your Business Grant program.
• Maintain adherence to specific requirements of the program including accomplishing timelines, scheduling in a timely fashion, and meeting program outcomes within specified timeframe.
• Build, develop and grow internal and external relationships vital to the success of the program.
• Prepare program assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum, the instructors, advisors, and overall program and conduct an impact survey 12 months after completion of program.
• Develop and monitor budget for all aspects of the program and oversee financial payments.
• Utilize Sales Force and other systems to capture information related to program participants.
• Work with College’s legal counsel to update contracts and agreements with partners, business coaches, and consultants.
• Leverage the relationships developed through the Power Up Your Business Program for Workforce and Economic Innovation’s other lines of business, including making referrals to the Ten Thousand Small Businesses Program, Career Connections employment opportunities for students, and potential contract training or other programs.
• Manage program data and record-keeping; develop reporting structures to track and address program outcomes and other financial and historical documentation collected from participants.
• Convene and oversee the Power Up Your Business Program Advisory Committee, and travel throughout Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and commercial corridors to identify businesses and partner organizations for each cohort run at the 3 regional centers and main campus, as well as other sites as identified to reach the appropriate audience.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Government Affairs or related field required.
• Minimum of 3 years professional work experience and demonstrated experience working with, [owning/operating and/or advising] small businesses, start-ups, entrepreneurs in an urban environment, particularly commercial corridor and neighborhood based businesses, required.
• Program and/or project management experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in understanding functional areas of business operations, including small business finance, and successful small business management required.
• Possess strong collegial and interpersonal skills, and excellent oral, writing, and listening communication skills required.
• Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail, planning, logistics, scheduling, and implementation of programs required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with the neighborhood and commercial corridor based businesses required.
• Valid driver’s license, access to personal transportation and local travel required.Preferred Qualifications
• Past experience as an instructor, faculty member helping to create and delivery curriculum preferred.
• Familiarity with Philadelphia, its neighborhoods, and business centers, and commercial corridors preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency or advanced skills, including abilities with CRM (Salesforce experience preferred), mapping software, email marketing, social media (twitter, Facebook, etc.), spreadsheet, and word processing programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint or other presentation programs preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on January 7, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank IV Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience Job Posting Open Date 12/10/2018 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Administrator - Temp Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years professional work experience and demonstrated experience working with, (owning/operating and/or advising) small businesses, start-ups, entrepreneurs in an urban environment, particularly commercial corridor and neighborhood based businesses?
- * Do you have program and/or project management experience?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in understanding functional areas of business operations, including small business finance, and successful small business management?
- * Do you have past experience as an instructor, faculty member helping to create and deliver curriculum?
- * Do you have familiarity with Philadelphia, its neighborhoods, and business centers, and commercial corridors?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license, access to personal transportation and local travel?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application