Mar 14, 2018
Mar 1, 2019
The Department of Chemistry at Clemson University invites applications for a postdoctoral research associate position in computational biophysical chemistry working with Prof. Brian Dominy. Research will focus on the physical driving forces underlying the evolution of biocatalysis, utilizing classical and quantum mechanical modeling techniques as well as information-theory based analyses of sequence and physical data. Collaborations with experimentalists are expected. The position is available starting in February 2018 or later, and is renewable upon mutual agreement for a total length of 2 years.
1) A Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry, Computational Physics, or a related field.
2) Experience in classical molecular dynamics and one or more related software packages (CHARMM, NAMD, GROMACS, AMBER, etc…)
3) A solid background in thermodynamics and statistical mechanics
4) An ability to work independently
5) Experience in high-performance computing
6) A demonstrated record of writing scientific publications
7) Strong written and oral communication skills
Applicants must apply through interfolio and submit 1) A cover letter with a description of past research, 2) A Curriculum Vitae, and 3) Names, titles, and email contact information of 3 individuals willing to provide a reference.
Applicants who apply by April 1st will receive full consideration, however the position will remain open until filled.