Overview and Responsibilities
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when Business & Industry Trainers are needed in the Industrial Mechanic area.
A Business & Industry Trainer collaborates with businesses to develop and administer customized training or professional development seminars for employees in a particular field, as needed. CVTC works with businesses throughout its 11-county district to provide valuable training designed to enhance employee skills and productivity. These training sessions are held either at one of CVTC's campuses, or at the company's location. Business & Industry training assignments offer a great deal of flexibility.
Upon successful submission of your application, resume, and transcripts, you will be considered for future Business & Industry trainer opportunities. CVTC will keep your application on file as a prospective candidate who could potentially fill a position when a need arises. If the need shall arise and review of your application materials result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application.
For more information about CVTC’s continuing education offerings, please visit www.cvtc.edu/continuing-education.aspx
- Collaborate with businesses to develop customized training or professional development seminars for employees in a particular field.
Provide valuable training designed to enhance employee skills and productivity.
Collaborate with business to determine dates and times of training sessions.
Demonstrate commitment to customer service.
Participate in college activities and pursue ongoing professional development.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan for and deliver quality instruction.
- Ability to facilitate and assess student learning.
- Ability to manage the classroom effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the internal community.
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external community.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity and demonstrate commitment to equity, inclusion, and culturally respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology used for communication and teaching; including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years relevant and current occupational experience.
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties of position.
As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711