Overview and Responsibilities
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when adjunct and/or substitute instructors are needed to teach manufacturing materials and processes courses in the Mechanical Design or Manufacturing Engineering Technologist programs. Needs may become available prior to or during each semester. Program and course information can be found at https://www.cvtc.edu/academics.aspx#programs.
Upon successful submission of your application, resume, and transcripts, you will be considered for future adjunct and/or substitute teaching opportunities. CVTC will keep your application on file as a prospective candidate who could potentially fill a position when a need arises. If the need shall arise and review of your application materials result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application.
Adjunct instructors are hired on a per course basis. Courses are taught face-to-face in classroom, lab, or clinical settings; online; or a combination of online and face-to-face.
All CVTC instructors are required to meet with students and/or attend meetings on-site on a regular basis. This means that all instructors, including online instructors, must live within driving distance of CVTC campuses. Campuses are located in Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls, Wisconsin.
CVTC adjunct instructors are dynamic partners for both students and the College. An adjunct instructor works with students beyond the classroom to ensure their success, models CVTC core abilities, and demonstrates commitment to excellence in program/course content and delivery. An adjunct instructor is able to work effectively in a collaborative environment; is willing to innovate and change to meet evolving program and industry needs; and demonstrates competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching. Generally, an adjunct instructor will be hired to instruct specific open classes based upon the adjunct instructor’s qualifications and availability.
- Plan for and instruct courses in the area of manufacturing materials and processes.
- Implement relevant and progressive curriculum.
- Deliver high-quality instruction through the planning and implementation of effective learning strategies and environments.
- Create performance-based assessments aligned with competencies through formative and summative measures.
- Promote student success through timely communication, growth-based feedback, and implementation of strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Meet professional expectations by maintaining professional currency and contributing to a collaborative culture across the College.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Please view the Adjunct Instructor Position Description for additional roles and responsibilities of adjunct instructors at CVTC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or materials science related field.
- Minimum of 2 years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in a target job for the program or programs being taught, of which at least 1 year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to date of hire. One year (2,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience may be waived if the instructor has at least 2 years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within 5 years prior to date of hire.
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred.
- Qualified per CVTC requirements at time of, and throughout, employment as an instructor. Must also meet and maintain Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirements, Faculty Quality Assurance Standards (FQAS), and/or other job specific licensing standards.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.
As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711