Instructor -Water Management/Waste Water Treatment
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-010
Posting Start Date: 1/10/2019
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $30 - $40 per hour
Instructor -Water Management/Waste Water Treatment Description/Job Summary Overview
Water Management/Waste Water treatment instructors are highly knowledgeable in their field and are, in many cases, currently practicing in their field. They bring this capability into the classroom to instruct in the field of study. This position is for a Tuesday/Thursday day teaching schedule for 11 week sessions.
- Evaluates students' progress and provides appropriate feedback
- Prepares maintains and submits accurate attendance records, reports, class rosters and grades established by institutional policy.
- Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning environment.
- Provides instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities, and backgrounds and is able to appropriately adapt and deliver material to the multiple experience levels.
- Uses appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course taught following established institutional guidelines.
- Makes recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required.
- Interfaces regularly with project team and other instructors and attends scheduled meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform related duties as required.
- High School diploma required
- Certified Water Operator in the State of Maryland or evidence of certification
- Two years of experience teaching adults in a structured environment.
- Associate Degree preferred
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend × Subject: Your email address: Recipient's email address: Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be interested. Human Verification: Send E-mail