Application Development and Support Team Leader
Title:Application Development and Support Team Leader Posted Date:09/27/2019 Job Category:Staff Department:Information Technologies - HINT Position Status:12 Month Regular Salary Range:$86,961-$108,701 Position Summary:
The Application Development Team Leader-Student Information Systems is responsible for the oversight of the Colleague ERP system by coordinating the delivery, and quality, of all analytical and programming services. The Team leader serves as the liaison between Information Services and lines of business at AACC to understand business needs and translate them to workable solutions. The Applications Development Team Leader is also responsible for providing project leadership and technical supervision for all projects ensuring adherence to internal technical review processes, current technical standards and strategic direction as well as management and day-to-day supervision of the Application Development & Support staff.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Applications Development & Support (ADS) team responsible for development and support of key ERP systems with a focus on Student Information System. Ensure that the ADS team uses industry standard technology, methods, development, documentation, and testing to assure successful delivery of quality solutions. Ensure that all required standards and procedures are followed. Ensure key services are available and respond in a timely manner to all production issues that are escalated and require resolution.
- Assign technical resources to projects and tasks and be ultimately responsible for the interfaces between Colleague and other systems. Work with each staff member to define deliverables for each phase in the system development life cycle. Monitor, provide feedback, and report on the staff member’s progress in attaining the deliverables specified for each phase
- Provide project management for multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment. Direct ADS staff in the development of project requirements for each project; including, but not limited to, budget implications, technical issues, acquisitions, communications and change management.
Publish and advertise these plans, including deliverables, milestones and dates. Monitor the plans and project schedules and take corrective action as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the customer communities across college, and within Information Services, while understanding business needs and architecting a technical solution. Assume a leadership position by facilitating customer and technical meetings to create a collaborative environment. Serve as a conduit between the customer communities and the ADS/IS teams and represent Information Services by serving on appropriate college committees.
- Work with the customer communities to identify opportunities for business process improvements. Analyze, validate, specify, verify and manage the needs of project/request stakeholders using listening and interviewing skills to elicit requirements and design solutions. Determine the feasibility of, and document the requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring that the design meets the needs of the customer communities.
- Coordinate with the Director of Application Services to assure effective communications among the staff and for process improvement to streamline service intake and efficient delivery of software services and projects. Deliver regular, professional and detailed project status communications to management and project stakeholders. Manage team documentation templates and process standards.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated project management and business analysis skills.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience managing and supervising staff.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the information technologies field, managing Programmers.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, supporting or working with a vendor developed system
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to persons of varying technical expertise
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build consensus among users with various perspectives. Ability to deal effectively with administrators, vendors, faculty and staff.
- Programming skills in UNIBASIC, Envision, and SQL.
- Knowledge of Informer and other report writing tools.
- Knowledge of ERP, Colleague
- Experience in Higher Education environment