AY18-19 Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science
Position DetailsPosition Information Position Type Adjunct Classification Title Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science Position's Functional Title AY18-19 Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science Position Start Date 01/01/2019 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates for the College of Arts and Sciences to teach courses in Computer Science. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach computer science and Information Technology courses. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Two years of teaching or in field professional employment.
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.Preferred Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and prior higher-education teaching experience are preferred.
- Industry CertificatesPosting Date 10/19/2018 Closing Date 07/31/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0235P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/3916 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field?
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching expertise.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the graduate level?
- Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation