Adjunct Faculty, Philosophy
Position DetailsPosition Information Position Type Classification Title Adjunct Faculty Position's Functional Title Adjunct Faculty, Philosophy Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Arts and Sciences seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in our Social Science department teaching Philosophy. Courses taught by adjunct faculty in the above programs are for undergraduates, graduates, or a combination of both. Please visit www.govst.edu.
for more information about the programs and courses offered for undergraduates and graduates.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications
A Master’s degree in Philosophy or a related discipline.Preferred Qualifications
Teaching experience at the College of University level.Posting Date 05/01/2018 Closing Date 04/30/2019 Open Until Filled No Posting Number FA0196P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/3488 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s) in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the graduate level?
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please describe your availability to teach. Adjunct assignments can be scheduled: Monday-Wednesday-Friday daytime, online, and/or evening courses at the University Park, Illinois campus.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples