Part-Time Faculty, Dept. of Philosophy
The Department of Philosophy at Bridgewater State University seeks qualified and committed part-time faculty members for the upcoming academic semester.Essential Duties
Specific course offerings for which Part Time Faculty are requested include PHIL 111 Foundations of Logical Reasoning.
Applicants should possess:
- Ability to effectively teach in a close, collegial environment dedicated to the teaching-learning relationship.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Provide quality teaching including related preparation and grading.
- Provide class syllabi to students enrolled in classes and to the department office as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
Courses may be offered on the main campus in Bridgewater or at satellite campuses in Attleboro and on Cape Cod.Required Qualifications
A Master’s degree in Philosophy or a related field is required.Preferred Qualifications
Experience teaching introductory logic.Special Conditions for Eligibility
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.EEO Statement
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.Posting Detail Information Posting Number F00165P Open Date 04/03/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement
- Curriculum Vitae