Adjunct Counselor - General - POOL - Columbia College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Counselor - General - POOL - Columbia CollegeSite:Columbia CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $48.23 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
Not EligiblePosition Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Provides comprehensive counseling services to a diverse, multicultural student population, including all aspects of academic, career and personal counseling. The counselor may be assigned within any area of Counseling & Student Services and Special Funded Programs.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)Desirable Qualifications
•Understanding of the comprehensive nature of a general counselor at a community college.
•Awareness and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the California Community College.
•Commitment to supportive relations with students, which includes sensitivity to the needs and problems of a diverse, multicultural student population.
•Highly developed counseling skills, which enable one to comfortably deal with a variety of personal issues without reflecting personal bias.
•Highly developed interpersonal skills.
•Ability to conduct and develop appropriate workshops, guidance courses, and seminars.
•Demonstrated proficiency in career and personality assessment interpretation.
•Ability to effectively work with students who are undecided about majors and careers.
The counselor will perform all regularly assigned counseling duties including academic, personal, and career counseling in a variety of formats (individual, group, online, etc.) The counselor may also be assigned to teach guidance and study skills courses.
•Develop and deliver of high quality group guidance courses and workshops, and other outreach activities.
•Apply current career theories and methods and assist students with determining career goals and linking those goals to a corresponding educational objective.
•Monitor, support, and encourage struggling students during the academic and/or progress probation process and with other stresses related to their academics or personal lives.
•Maintain effective working relations with all areas of the college and community agency personnel involved in the provision of these services.
•Refer students to appropriate student support and educational services on and off-campus including mental health (therapeutic) counseling as needed.
•Use available and current technologies with a high degree of computer literacy.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/hr/documents.htm
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses