Adjunct Instructor of Learning Skills- POOL - Modesto Junior College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Instructor of Learning Skills- POOL - Modesto Junior CollegeSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $48.23 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
Not Eligible for Benefits:
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation coverage, not eligible to participate in the District’s benefit programs.
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean for the discipline, the successful applicant will teach College Skills 100 course. in accordance with course outlines and class schedules. Responsibilities include: evaluating the progress of students; advising students concerning educational matters, and performing other instructional related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Any Master’s degree level discipline in which learning assistance or tutoring is provided at the college where successful applicant is employed.Desirable QualificationsDesirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Teach lower division college courses in College Skills 100:
- Attend all training and/informational sessions
- Teach at least one section in the summer.
- Collect and report assessment data to First-Time in College (FTIC) co-coordinators.
- Work in a team cohort and communicate with FTIC co-coordinators at weekly cohort meetings during summer session.
- Assist students in becoming aware of and accessing campus resources.
- Adhere to common course textbook and common assessments.
- Submit all required reports including but not limited to early warnings, grade checks, syllabus, data reports, and final grade reports.
- Engage in data inquiry and self-assessment to develop strategies for student success, persistence, and equity.
- Preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.
Faculty will be required to attend the following training and meetings prior to the beginning of the summer term:
1. Information meeting
2. Online training
3. Faculty orientation
4. Weekly cohort meetings
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date03/20/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses