Online Adjunct English Instructor - POOL - MJC
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleOnline Adjunct English Instructor - POOL - MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $48.23 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
Not eligible for District paid benefits except for Workers’ CompensationPosition Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Scope of Assignment
Under the general supervision of the discipline Division Dean, will teach online English composition and/or literature courses in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; evaluate progress of student; advise students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in English, literature, comparative literature, or
composition OR bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in linguistics, TESL, speech, education with a specialization in reading, creative writing, or journalism OR the equivalent.
Master’s Degree in Educational Technology or equivalent, OR possession of an online teaching certificate from a recognized online instruction program such as @ONE (onefortraining.org), the Online Learning Consortium (onlinelearningconsortium.org), or equivalent.Desirable Professional Characteristics
Desirable Professional Characteristics
Previous successful experience teaching lower-division online English courses. Experience using the Canvas Learning Management System. Sensitivity to issues concerning student equity in the online classroom.
Teach lower division college courses in composition and literature, including courses in developmental writing, as assigned; preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date08/03/2017Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District (YCCD) permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD?Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s, their position title and the department they are employed.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses