Adjunct Human Services Instructor - POOL - MJC
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Human Services Instructor - POOL - MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $69.58 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $81.32 to $86.17
Not eligible for District paid fringe benefits.
Eligible for Workers’ CompensationPosition Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Part time teachingMinimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
MSW; MS Counseling, MA Psychology; MA Human Services, MS SociologyDesirable Professional Characteristics
Relevant human services or clinical, and teaching experience.
Facilitate student learning through lectures, class discussions, reading assignments, and other methods; administer examinations; record grades and submit them in a timely manner to the records office; complete course assessments and submit them in a timely matter; confer with students as necessary.
Evidence of involvement with or preparation in non-traditional teaching methods and technologies, specifically utilizing technology in the classroom, online or hybrid teaching and/or preparation for online teaching
Evidence of recent professional development activities that indicate up-to-date knowledge in the fields of Human Services, Chemical Dependency Counseling, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Gerontology, or knowledge/experience with the mental health of families and children/adolescents
Evidence of knowledge with Ethical Guidelines in Human Services
Evidence of experience in community and/or academic programs and participation in outreach activities
Evidence of cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of diverse backgrounds of community college students.Example of Duties
Teaching, developing syllabi, and contributing to curriculum updates and course assessment. Attend department meetings and continual update professional knowledge of CAADE, CSHSE, and PRA.
MSW; MS or MA in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, or Sociology
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
2.) Cover Letter
3.) Statement of Teaching Philosophy (Attach under Other Documents)
4.) Unofficial Transcript
List of Graduate Cources
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please note: The District does not integrate with the third party service of Interfolio; therefore, reference letters must be submitted along with the application documents required.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District (YCCD) permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD?Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s, their position title and the department they are employed.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/hr/documents.htm
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses