Adjunct Counselor - Special Programs- POOL - MJC
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Counselor - Special Programs- POOL - MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $69.58 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $81.32 to $86.17
Not Eligible for District paid benefits.Position Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Responsible for providing specific workshop and counseling services to a diverse, multicultural student population. Counseling services will include academic and personal counseling, and may include group career counselingMinimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)Desirable Qualifications
•Ability to develop services that stress innovation and multicultural emphasis.
•Enthusiasm for the learning process.
•Commitment to supportive relationships with students.
•Willingness to experiment with teaching methods to accommodate various student learning styles
•Develop and deliver of high quality workshops, as well as other outreach activities and paperwork.
•May include evening hours.
•Maintain effective working relations with all areas of the college and community agency personnel involved in the provision of these services.
•Provide educational, career, personal counseling and other related services to EOP&S Students, Students with Disabilities, and/or CalWORKs students, specifically: recruitment, outreach activities, orientation, development of educational plans, workshop presentations on study skill/time management, assistance with transfer to four-year institutions and/or job placement services.
•Other counseling related duties as assigned.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
At the time an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts. Instructors with advanced degrees and coursework shall be placed on the appropriate salary column and step up to step 10. Initial salary placement will be at the first column/step until official transcripts have been submitted to Human Resources and placement processed. Note: there is a separate salary range for summer school.
FOREIGN DEGREES: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association. A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not possess the exact degrees listed in MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS or if you anticipate receiving the required degree prior to the start of teaching classes, please complete a “Determination of Faculty Equivalency” form (link to the left) and attach it during the application process.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date12/17/2015Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/hr/documents.htm
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses