Adjunct Nursing Instructor - POOL - MJC
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Nursing Instructor - POOL - MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $45.93 to $72.99
Doctorate Range: $54.34 to $75.13
Summer School: $45.93 to $79.93
Summer School Doctorate Range: $54.34 to $82.07
Under supervision of the Associate Degree Nursing Program Director, the Dean of Allied Health and Family and Consumer Sciences and the clinical team, teach associate’s degree nursing students in clinical environments, evaluate student progress, and participate in activities that strengthen student success.Minimum Qualifications
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.Desirable Qualifications
At least one year continuous, full time or its equivalent experience in the designated nursing area within the previous five years as a registered nurse providing direct patient care. Recent experience may include teaching in the area of nursing.
•Ability to serve as a professional role model to assist students to develop professional and ethical values and to maintain high standards of nursing practice.
•Ability to effectively instruct, supervise and evaluate students in the clinical aspects of nursing.
•Effective written and verbal communication skills with students and the community.
•Ability to work effectively in a close, collaborative team environment with other nursing faculty.
•Bachelor’s degree in nursing
Implement program philosophy, objectives, policies and curriculum.
•Supervise student practice of new skills.
•Assist students with remedial skills practice as needed and communicate progress to nursing faculty team.
•Serve as skills evaluator.
•Participate in team meetings.
•Maintain a comprehensive system of records for students in the clinical setting which may include student evaluations, grade book, clinical grids, competency testing, submission of clinical clearance records, positive attendance records, computer training records, semester checklists, etc.
•Coordinate scheduling of pre and post conference meetings.
•Provide for orientation of students in the hospital setting.
•Help with program-related activities
•Participate in Team, A.D.N. Program Faculty and AH/FCS Division Meetings.
Adjunct pools remain open for up to twelve (12) months. Applications will be viewed by Departments throughout that time on an “as need” basis near and/or at the beginning of each semester. Once your application is submitted to this system you will not be able to update your materials. To reactivate an application, contact the system’s administrator, Kathren Pritchard at 209-575-6901.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date10/29/2013Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses