Adjunct Counselor - General - POOL - MJC
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Counselor - General - POOL - MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $45.93 to $72.99
Doctorate Range: $54.34 to $75.13
Summer School: $45.93 to $79.93
Summer School Doctorate Range: $54.34 to $82.07
Not EligiblePosition Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Provides comprehensive counseling services to a diverse, multicultural student population, including all aspects of academic, career and personal counseling. The counselor may be assigned within any area of Counseling & Student Services and Special Funded Programs.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)Desirable Qualifications
•Understanding of the comprehensive nature of a general counselor at a community college.
•Awareness and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the California Community College.
•Commitment to supportive relations with students, which includes sensitivity to the needs and problems of a diverse, multicultural student population.
•Highly developed counseling skills, which enable one to comfortably deal with a variety of personal issues without reflecting personal bias.
•Highly developed interpersonal skills.
•Ability to conduct and develop appropriate workshops, guidance courses, and seminars.
•Demonstrated proficiency in career and personality assessment interpretation.
•Ability to effectively work with students who are undecided about majors and careers.
The counselor will perform all regularly assigned counseling duties including academic, personal, and career counseling in a variety of formats (individual, group, online, etc.) The counselor may also be assigned to teach guidance and study skills courses.
•Develop and deliver of high quality group guidance courses and workshops, and other outreach activities.
•Apply current career theories and methods and assist students with determining career goals and linking those goals to a corresponding educational objective.
•Monitor, support, and encourage struggling students during the academic and/or progress probation process and with other stresses related to their academics or personal lives.
•Maintain effective working relations with all areas of the college and community agency personnel involved in the provision of these services.
•Refer students to appropriate student support and educational services on and off-campus including mental health (therapeutic) counseling as needed.
•Use available and current technologies with a high degree of computer literacy.
Evening and some weekend work will be required.
Adjunct pools remain open for up to twelve (12) months. Applications will be viewed by Departments throughout that time on a “as need” basis near and/or at the beginning of each semester. Once your application is submitted to this system you will not be able to update your materials. To reactivate an application contact the system’s administrator, Kathren Pritchard at 209-575-6901.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date06/23/2015Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD? Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses