Adjunct Instructor of Physical Education/Certified Athletic Trainer
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Adjunct Instructor of Physical Education/Certified Athletic Trainer Site: Modesto Junior College Salary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $48.23 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean for the discipline, the successful applicant will provide lecture and/or laboratory instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; evaluate progress of students; advise students concerning educational matters, and perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education, OR bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy OR the equivalent.
Knowledge of, and ability to appraise the diverse academic, socio economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the athletes and students at the college. Sensitivity to the needs, problems and challenges associated with the diversity of the community college student population, including student athletes.
• A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in athletic training, physical education, education or related area.
• NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer status in current good standings with the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA).
• 2 Years experience as an athletic trainer at the collegiate level.
Teach lower division college courses in Physical Education; prepare of materials; grade student work; maintain an effective classroom environment and workspace.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
Adjunct pools remain open for up to twelve (12) months. Applications will be viewed by Departments throughout that time on an “as needed” basis. Once your application is submitted to this system you will not be able to update your materials. To reactivate an application contact the system’s administrator, Dora Lopez at 209-575-6964. This posting is designed to create a pool of qualified applicants.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date 03/17/2016 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD? Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses