Adjunct Sociology Instructor - Columbia College- POOL
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Sociology Instructor - Columbia College- POOLSite:Columbia CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $48.23 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
Not eligible or District paid benefits with the exception of Workers’ Compensation.Position Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean for the discipline, the successful applicant will provide lecture and/or laboratory instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; evaluate progress of students; advise students concerning educational matters, and perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in sociology OR bachelor’s degree in sociology AND master’s degree in anthropology, any ethnic studies, social work, or psychology OR the equivalent.Desirable Qualifications
Current certification for online teaching.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Teach lower division college courses in Sociology; preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining effective and continuous contact with students; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD? Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses