Instructor of Nursing - Temporary Full-Time One (1) Year Non-Tenured - 2018-2019 - MJC - 2 posi...
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Instructor of Nursing - Temporary Full-Time One (1) Year Non-Tenured - 2018-2019 - MJC - 2 positions* Site Modesto Junior College Tenure Track Non-Tenure Track Position Salary Range / Other
Placement on the Yosemite Community College District salary schedule dependent upon education and experience. 2015-2016 Salary Schedule – $55,384 to $103,694 per year, plus an annual $2,374 stipend for an earned doctorate. New personnel limited to a maximum tenth step initial placement based on previous experience – maximum equals $80,856.
*This position is a Temporary One-Year 2018-2019 academic year appointment.
*Recruitment of these positions is contingent upon funding.Benefits
The District currently pays for a number of health options for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District paid.
- Temporary One-Year appointments are not eligible for the District’s Retiree Benefit Programs.
Master’s Degree in nursing OR Bachelor’s degree in nursing AND Master’s in health education or health science OR possess a California Community College Instructor credential appropriate to the subject OR the equivalent OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher. Current license or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in California, and current CPR card.
The District has adopted equivalency procedures which enables applications by individuals not possessing qualifications listed above. For more information on equivalency go to: www.yosemite.edu Choose: Human Resources, Choose: HR Forms & Documents Choose: Equivalency Policy and Procedures. When requesting equivalency, attach an equivalency form to your letter of interest.
Knowledge of and ability to appraise the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students. Sensitivity to the needs, problems and challenges associated with the diversity of the community college student population.Job Description Summary
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. The teaching assignment may be online, in skills lab, in the evening, on East or West campus or Columbia site, and/or on Saturdays. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Teaching in Medical / Surgical Nursing in conjunction with one or more of the following: Leadership, Mental Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Maternal / Child Nursing or Gerontology Nursing.
•Teach the full-time load of nursing courses in accordance with the descriptions published in the college catalog.
•Develop nursing program curriculum.
•Work effectively with community agencies in the health care field.
•Tutor and/or provide remediation to nursing students in content areas, skills, and/or math calculations.
•Maintain current knowledge and licensure in nursing through continuing education classes approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
•Participate in the writing of BRN reports.
•Advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines.
•Informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
•Preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress.
•Maintaining attendance, scholastic, and other records and submitting them according to published policies and deadlines.
•Attending department, division, and college-wide meetings on a regular basis.
•Posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
•Developing, implementing, and assessing student learning outcomes, for courses and programs and using the results for improvement.
•Collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review.
•Engaging in department program improvement initiatives.
•Participating in department, division, and college committees.
•Participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide, especially in connection to statewide initiatives.
•Engaging in data inquiry and self-assessment to develop strategies for student success, persistence, and equity.
•Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies.
•Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
•Engaging in the college’s participatory governance processes.
•Perform other duties as assigned, for example at the Modesto or Columbia site, in the Human Patient Simulation Lab, skills lab, or online.
•Current knowledge and experience of Mental Health Nursing and/or Maternal/Child Nursing.
• Education and at least one year experience in the practice of nursing in the areas of assignment within the last three years. Recent experience may include teaching in these areas in a BRN approved nursing program.
•At least one year of experience teaching courses related to nursing. Teaching experience may be met by completion of a graduate course that includes a student practicum in teaching nursing.
• Current understanding of assessment processes for improving student success at the course, program, and degree level.
• Competent in new pedagogies, such as accelerated learning, supplemental instruction, on-line or hybrid teaching, and other pedagogies directed at improving student success and student equity.
•Ability to serve as a professional role model to assist students to develop professional and ethical values and to maintain high standards of nursing practice.
•Ability to effectively instruct, supervise and evaluate students in the academic and clinical aspects of nursing.
•Effective written and verbal communication skills with students and members of the community.
•Ability to work effectively in a close, collaborative team environment with other nursing faculty.
•Willingness to remediate and/or cross-train in other nursing content areas should future staffing needs change.
•Ability to use available technologies as a teaching and/or student service tool.
•Ability to develop curriculum or services that stress innovation and improve student equity.
•Enthusiasm for the learning process.
•Commitment to supportive relationships with students.
•Capable of instructing using teaching methods to accommodate various student learning styles.
•Participate in professional growth and remain current in subject area and major state initiatives.
•Ability to operate effectively in an environment of change and ambiguity.
•Vision and energy to plan and organize programs to enhance student success.
•Willingness to participate effectively in shared governance.
•Personal qualifications such as: effective interpersonal communication skills, participation in community affairs, ability to conduct effective public presentations.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date 08/06/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD? Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3